BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Sugarfree .... that's me!


For the past two days I have been sugar free! It would've been longer than two days but my dad brought me a slice of pound cake that he swore upside down was the bomb ... and well I had to taste it for myself and be the judge. It was the bomb! But it also went against my bootcamp rule so I was forced to start over. Yesterday I did a great job and then I ran into Walgreens to get something. Without thinking I had picked up a chocolate muffin for my son and a honey bun for myself. Before I knew it I was standing in line and then it hit me




Chile you're not suppose to have any of this!!!! I quickly put it back but it's funny how I'm so use to doing some things that they occur without me even thinking about it. My son was disappointed that he did not get a chocolate muffin but like I have told him ... I need NO distractions in the house. This is important to me. So yesterday was my first day without sugar. It was hard. I wanted that honey bun but today was easier. I went to Winn Dixie and didnt have no single urge to visit their bakery section. Talk about progress!


I have not cut out sugar completely but I have cut out pies, cakes, cookies, donuts, and well just ish that I should not be eating. Ish that I love with all of my heart but it does not love me back. And I know it does not love me back because look what I found out about sugar.


  • One of the primary sources of calories for Americans is sugar—specifically high fructose corn syrup in soda and processed foods. Because of advances in food processing technology in the 1970s, fructose derived from corn has become very cheap and is widely used in the majority of processed foods for increased sales.
  • Sugar takes a devastating toll on your health. In fact, excessive sugar consumption may be the largest factor underlying obesity and chronic disease in America
  • Your body metabolizes fructose much differently from glucose; the entire burden of metabolizing fructose falls on your liver, where excess fructose is quickly converted into fat, which explains the weight gain and abdominal obesity experienced by so many Westerners
  • Fructose is the primary cause of non-alcoholic fatty liver and elevates uric acid, which raises your blood pressure, stresses your kidneys, and leads to the chronic, low-level inflammation that is at the core of most chronic diseases; metabolically speaking, fructose is alcohol “without the buzz”
  • It would be wise for most people to limit their daily fructose consumption to less than 25 grams per day; a table showing the fructose content of many foods is provided, especially if you show signs of insulin resistance such as being overweight, have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or diabetes
And chile I'm a living witness to this one


Sugar had me seriously considering finding and attending a sugar's anonymous. It was at my house like it paid rent. But that is in the past. Here's to being sugar free! :0)  Til the next blog




1Luv
KL

0 comments: