BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, September 2, 2013

It's all about MEAL PREP




I'm really into Instagram. I also follow more than my fair share of healthy accounts on there and the common thread on all of the accounts is MEAL PREP! All of the people say that PLANNING was key to their weight loss.



I guess. The first time I meal prepped, I woke up at like 7 am and went to Walmart. I came home and instantly started prepping for me and my son. I took all of the frozen fruit and bagged it so that for breakfast I could grab a bag, grab some whey, grab some spinach and voila .... breakfast smoothie.  I bought a big bag of sliced apples. I put 7 apples in a Ziploc bag and placed a small container full of almond butter in each bag. I placed carrots in a bag with a small container of hummus. I sliced strawberries and placed them in separate baggies with a contained of vanilla greek yogurt. I made egg white muffins and sliced 2 ounces of turkey sausage for breakfast. I mean I WORKED! It took up time but my mornings were heavenly. I woke up and just grabbed bags for breakfast and snacks. It was perfect and it was then that I fell in love with MEAL PREP!


How did I live without it? I'on even know but I do know that my Sunday mornings or evenings(depending on how I feel) are dedicated to prepping for the week. So since lettuce wraps are on the menu for this week I have cooked my chicken, brown rice & black beans, separated my lettuce, put greek yogurt in a container and placed fresh blueberries in various baggies. I'm ready! Til the next blog ....


1 Luv
KL





0 comments: