BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, September 2, 2013

week 4 ..... review


So tomorrow makes week 4 of my self imposed boot camp. I started off Week 1 with water intake and then returned to work .... therefore limiting my time to blog about my progress. Well here goes an update. Week 1 was water intake and I did a fabulous job. I never went less than 8 cups.


Week 2's goal was 10,000 steps per day. Week two's goal was easier than I thought it would be. I am on my feet ALL day at work ... add in walking around the parking lot for structured PE time and you have me exceeding my goal of 10,000 steps. Eventually my goal(once my body adjusts to waking up at 5 am and working all day) is to exercise but honestly I am NOT there yet .... so until I get there 10,000 steps will have to suffice. Back to the goal, there are several websites dedicated to walking 10,000 steps a day. Here are some neat quotables that I found

Research shows that walking 10,000 steps a day will significantly improve your health. Putting one foot in front of the other can build stamina, burn excess calories and give you a healthier heart. 
 
 The average person walks between 3,000 and 4,000 steps per day, and 1,000 steps is the equivalent of around 10 minutes of brisk walking.
 
 
To achieve good health, strive to take 10000 steps a day (the equivalent of walking roughly five miles). A person who walks 10,000 steps a day will burn between 2000 and 3500 extra Calories per week, which will result in achieving a vastly better health profile and longer lifespan. 



My goal for week 3 was no sweets. Sweets in the form of cookies, chocolate cake, cupcakes and brownies have been a weakness for me. I have started craving chocolate cake in the worst way. If I have a bad day, chocolate cake makes it better. If I have a long day, kicking off my shoes and enjoying a slice of chocolate cake was my way of saying "awww I'm home".  I knew this week would be difficult and it was. I didn't do a horrible job but I didn't meet my goal either. The first couple of days were ok but then walnut-fudge brownies from Publix entered the house and well .... that's the end of that story. I devoured them. So for week 4 I am not taking on a new task. My goal for week 4 is to do better on the first three goals.....which means NO sweets! Today is Labor Day and while grocery shopping my mind said "it's a holiday....you have to have a dessert" and I started walking towards the bakery. I stopped midway there and went to the produce section instead. That's to say that this week may be challenging but I just have to commit and remind myself of what I'm doing and WHY I'm doing it.


Basically, sugar is white death and aint nobody got time for white death! Til the next blog....



1 Luv
KL


0 comments: